Wednesday 1 June 2011

Max update, and new turquoise jewellery

Hard to believe it's been a month since Max was attacked. He's fine now, if still a little, uh... scabby. He never needed a cone of silence, either. I think the few times he tried to reach around for a good chew he popped a stitch and that was enough to change his mind. One of the things that broke my heart was the day he was finally able to wag his tail.

I couldn't stand it and finally restrung that turquoise and lapis choker. I also made another version with citrine. The tiny turquoise beads are from Magpie Gemstones. The lush colours and variety of shapes gives the illusion of greater substance than you'd think, yet both necklaces are very lightweight and comfortable to wear. I just received more strings of this turquoise and will be making a raw ruby version... soon!


Tiny turquoise nuggets, lapis lazuli, amethyst, citrine, copper daisy spacers and beads, hammered copper clasp
 
Tiny turquoise nuggets, lapis lazuli, amethyst, copper daisy spacers and beads, hammered copper clasp
  I love Magpie Gemstones and I neeeeeed turquoooooooooooise. I neeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeed more copper. I neeeeeeeeeeeeeeeed more pewter raven skulls... I neeeeeeeeeeeed to generate more sales!

But reality prevails: there is less and less transcription work every week; not to mention the Japanese tsunami is still hitting hard in southern Ontario, radically curtailing operations at the local Toyota plant, which means equally radically curtailed spending everywhere else, not to mention my truck is back in the shop yet again -- this has been going on for two months now, one thing after another after another -- and I am permaparked all week until the work is finished. In fact, I will probably have to rely on a loaner to get to the market on Saturday. Looking for a new vehicle, in fact, which will definitely be better on gas.

Gaahhhhhhh... the power just went off -- again. It's super windy here today and this is the second time in a few hours that it's gone off.... Whew. It's back on again. I don't have to retype this post again. Yesterday there was a huge power surge and our local Internet provider was down for a couple of hours. Talk about panic city, as I had a huge transcription job to finish and send to the client without fail yesterday.

This is my new favourite bracelet:

Minimally-processed Hubei turquoise nuggets, lapis lazuli, raw carnelian, bone & horn & copper beads, hammered copper clasp
I'm so in love with this raw-looking turquoise that I got from Happy Mango Beads. I only got one string each of three sizes, and I would really like to get more.

I am in the midst of putting together a large order for cake jewellery so I'd better get off this colossal timesucker here and get back to work.

No comments: