Friday 24 June 2011

Another day, another turquoise bracelet

I ask myself all the time, why oh why are you doing this? Nobody buys them.

I finished my typing this morning and decided to go see if anything had sold at the Brantford Arts Block -- or, more accurately, might there be a cheque waiting for me from the winter. Nope. Prior to that, as they don't open until noon, I went to the Brantford Farmer's Market, which is open Fridays and Saturdays. I recently heard they'd renovated the building -- I walked in and barely recognised the place. What an improvement! I talked to one of the vendors who told me they now have air conditioning in the summer AND heat in the winter. Whoa! What a concept!

Bought a lot of stuff I shouldn't have. I'll get the green stuff in Woodstock tomorrow.

Meanwhile, back at the ranch, instead of working on the silver leaves and flowers which I am waaaaay behind on, I put together another turquoise bracelet. I'm wearing it now, and it is surprisingly comfortable, despite the feather dangle. I figured I'd put the feather near the clasp as it seems that with most bracelets, the clasp works its way around to the front, anyway.



Hubei turquoise, antique brass & base metal beads, base metal feather & 
hammered argentium sterling clasp
Now to load up the truck for tomorrow, and get a few more things put together. I made 8 jars of strawberry freezer jam this week, and I should think about getting more strawberries for a few more jars. Just in case I run out over the winter.

No comments: