Sunday 3 June 2012

More snake necklaces and some guy-type chokers

I stayed up late on Friday night making two more snake seed bead necklaces and finishing off commissions, and on Saturday at the market I made a pile more chokers for a client. I ended up taking apart by request the triple small howlite skull pendant and making separate pendants using the whole colour range of small howlite skulls in the tray. Needless to say I am now almost out of both sizes of howlite skulls.

Great news -- I stopped in at Let's Eat Cake after the market and Rene told me we have our first order for cake jewellery! For an October wedding -- it will look exactly like the sample cake on Rene's home page. Yippeeeeeeeeeee -- Road trip! Off to Toronto soon to buy champagne-coloured Swarovkis.

Coral Snake Choker

http://indianapublicmedia.org/amomentofscience/batesian-mimicry-snakes/ This website talks about Batesian mimicry -- amazing the things you can learn when you go exploring, innit?

Eastern Milk Snake Choker

http://mnfi.anr.msu.edu/emr/id.cfm

Variations on White Stone Chokers:

...using copper spacers, with a glass Venetian-style turquoise blue and red bead, and pewter spacers with a silver-plated pewter feather pendant, respectively. These three have been sold, but I can remake any of them if someone wants to order one. I also have deep reddish brown beads of the same type of stone (possibly howlite??), and I will be posting more variations on these themes this week.

Dyed Howlite Skull Choker & Tibetan Agate & Copper Jump Ring Choker



I lovelovelove these small Tibetan agate beads, some of which have translucent bits, here separated by tiny "vintage" copper jump rings.



Off now to see Jess at The Bead Boutique in Kitchener, looking for more pendants and maybe some feathers. My pal Lynn is driving in exchange for lunch, I hope at a great pizza/bagel place that has a wood oven. Wonderful food, and maybe it will have dried off enough by then that we can sit outside.

Any questions? Email me.
Thanks for looking!

No comments: