Friday 26 February 2016

More Kids' Rings... & GEM EXPO news!

Last week I showed pictures of the kids' rings and bracelets I'd been making. Sold the two wire rosette rings right away, and then just before noon the dad and daughter who'd been initially responsible for my ring-making binge showed and bought the one they'd asked for, the lapis chip ring -- and it fit her perfectly. Whew! Size 3.0. TINY. Yikes. Barely went past the nail on my pinkie finger.

Yesterday I made several more rings, again in various sizes. Good idea for those of you who are making them to note the exact size on the tag so that if you don't have the right colour, your customer can try them all on to find the right size.



I also got quite a few orders for rings to fit both kids and adults last Saturday. More goodies will be made today, so stay tuned. I'll also be working on a ring design that might appeal more to boys.

GEM EXPO is in THREE WEEKS! 
March 18, 19 & 20
Trip to Toronto, yahooooo!

As well as being a vendor, this year I'll be teaching a class on Saturday morning, March 19th at The Gem Expo. It's coming up so fast: THREE WEEKS today!!! Yikes. But I'm prepared: I've already got all my supplies for the students together in one dedicated bin.

I'll be teaching how to make stretch bracelets, which, granted, are pretty easy to make, but I've come up with tips and tricks to make it easier and save wasting as much Stretch Magic as I myself did (and still occasionally do) in the process. Like, we're talking lots and lots of redone bracelets. Oh, and we'll fix that pesky problem of beads that go boinging all over the room when testing the knot...

Make meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee...



If you'd like to start making your own collection of gorgeous stretch stackers, here are the links to The Gem Expo to book your class. Check out all the other great courses that are being offered, too:

The Gem Expo website here and the classes here;
The Gem Expo Facebook page here and here; and
Booking your tickets (price includes your 3-DAY SHOW ADMISSION) here.

***If you do sign up, please bring a selection of your own beads and findings you'd like to use, plus a bead mat, scissors and two pairs of pliers (to open and close jump rings if you want to add dangles), work light and magnifier/glasses if you use them.***

If you can't make it to the show, I have lots and lots of stretch stacker bracelets in all price, style and size ranges for kids and adults, guys and girls, at the market every Saturday; some are in Showcase 800 next to the cash desk at the One of a Kind Antique Mall (open seven days a week, 10 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.) Don't forget there's the Cabin Fever Sale throughout the whole antique mall until the end of February. Nancy and I have 10% off everything in our booth and showcase. And if you've seen something you like on my blog or Facebook page, you can also email me here to inquire on its availability or price. Yes, absolutely, I do custom orders, as well.

Note: the Woodstock Farmers Market will be closed Saturday, March 19th, for the Home Show, which is taking over both the market building and the auditorium this year. 

Hope to see you at the Woodstock Farmers Market tomorrow (Saturday) on Nellis Street, 7:00 a.m until noon. Thanks for stopping by.

No comments: