Monday 15 February 2016

Freshwater Pearl & Copper Heart Earrings for Valentine's Day...

On Friday I showed pictures of my handmade copper chains and hammered hearts.



Here are the earrings I made with tiny freshwater pearls:



They're still available for sale, $20 each pair (or two pair for $35) plus shipping. Please email me for availability. I can make as many pairs as you like, as well as a matching pendant.

Meanwhile at the market, I did several restringing repairs for people who brought their pendants to me, and also made a pair of earrings for Winter who'd brought me the skull beads and asked me to do whatever... Here they are, modelled by her daughter.



Blood red Siam Swarovskis, hematite and sterling leverbacks. Nice and swingy and subtly blingy... if bling can ever be subtle.

I gotta say, I'm obsessed with the shape and colour of those oval jump rings. I was digging around and found a small bag bought who knows where and how long ago. They have a hard stainless steel/pewterish tone to them, perfect for the things I like to make, and the shape gives designs a harder edge than round jump rings tend to do. Somewhere buried in this messpile I have some square bail-making pliers that I need to start using, as well.

Well, it's a stat holiday Monday here called "Family Day". Ironically, absolutely nothing is open for anyone to go do anything with family or friends, so I'm shutting down and heading to the other room to make jewellery.

Thanks for stopping by!





No comments: