Friday 28 October 2011

Bridal Show Pix

The 1st Annual Bridal Bonanza at the Quality Hotel in Woodstock last night was a hoot: 33 vendors and no idea how many attendees, but the room was packed over the entire three hours. I got super lucky and ended up with a fairyland of a backdrop for my table thanks to the wedding venue people on the other side of the backdrop. Braindead me didn't get their name or business card, so if they see this... Thanks!

Rene's cakes (with cake toppers by moi) were a hit. It will be interesting to see what kind of business we derive from this show. I hope I have a little rush on peacock feather earrings at Saturday's market -- funny what captures people's attention. It seemed to me that it was mostly the over-30s brides and the MoBs and MoGs that expressed interest in my jewellery. I sent all queries for the big blingy necklaces to my pal Jess in Kitchener, who owns The Bead Boutique.
Bellamy's Catering along the back wall, Let's Eat Cake, then Gifts from the Garden
Definitely have to pay attention to the table skirt length before setting up the table!
We have to pay more attention to the length of those skirts next time! And I have to remember to take pix once everything is completely set up on the tables. Obviously, I went for a more spare look this time, compared to my market setup. Don't know how this would go over there, but it sure was easy to take down. Took a solid hour to set up. It's much harder to figure out where just a few things go than a lot.

I sure hope I have a good day tomorrow. Supposed to snow/rain overnight... here we go again, another six months of praying for above zero temps on a Friday night/Saturday morning and a sunny Saturday to put people in a good mood. No more loading the truck up the night before for another six months, either.

Off to make more jewellery.

Just heard that there were 47 registered brides and 125 attendees.

No comments: