Sunday 3 July 2011

Internet-less start to Sunday...

I sold the turquoise, coral and sterling feather earrings and the Bwahahahah pendant yesterday! Wheeeeeeeee. And got a couple of orders. For some reason, people are very into garnet right now. Is it the current birthstone? I suppose I should be up on this stuff and each month feature jewellery made with the appropriate birthstone on my table. More things to add to my list of things to do.

I discovered the Internet was down this morning when I got up at 6:00 a.m. A storm had come through last night, the rain woke me up, but it was a lightning strike that took out the silo at the next intersection on the highway -- yes! Our Internet towers are located on farm silos. Cool, eh? -- but this company does know the meaning of customer service. They keep their progress reports up to the minute/hour thereby keeping panic at bay. Dontcha just love being a junkie?

By 6:30 I started making 3 jars of black raspberry freezer jam picked from the bushes next to my front door. Then I pitted and started squashing sour cherries. Finally got smart and dug out my ancient blender. 10 seconds later... I had 7 jars of sour cherry freezer jam. Put a couple more coats of silver on a batch of sage leaves and started a new leaf. The stupid rabbit ate my sage plant a couple of weeks ago and I had to buy a new plant. I watch the leaves carefully until they get to a good size and shapeliness. Read some of my book... and finally the Internet was up again.

No comments: