Thursday 13 August 2015

My New Van...

Other than a white-knuckle creep to the market every Saturday, I have otherwise been without a vehicle for the past four or five months and relying on the kindness -- and cars -- of friends to do everyday shopping, errands, doc visits, etc. Somehow, despite a broken engine mount and other broken bits and bobs, my ancient Blazer manages to get me and my beads and jewellery to the market and home each week. Amazingly enough, it even started perfectly every bitter cold morning this past winter. Nothing wrong with the engine, but everything else has gone kaflooey.

Yesterday, I plunked down a deposit on a 2009 Pontiac Montana SV6. Currently being safetied and eTested, soon I will be coming to a bead show or market near you...



...and there may even be an epic road trip in our future.



I acquired this beauty from Empire Leasing & Auto Sales in Bright, Ontario. They sure have some purty cars, pickups and SUVs there, and they're so nice to deal with.



The anticipation is like Christmas, a couple of birthdays and a trip to Italy all rolled into one. Yikes. I can hardly wait!

2 comments:

Nelson Beads said...

Yay! I'm so happy for you. That's a fine looking van.

Barbara said...

I can hardly wait to get it. The Blazer made this horrific new loud noise when I went down a gentle slope from a driveway to the street on Saturday after the market. I need it to get to just one more market... then my cheque will be here and I can pick up the van. Although... I do have to drive the Blazer to Bright, which is about 15 miles or so away to get the trade-in. I just hope it makes it there. A pal is following me out there to make sure I make it. hahahaha