Friday 4 April 2014

Always Make Detailed Notes of What You Make...



Even two days later, I need to refer to them. Last night's set of paddles were made with 16 gauge wire, and 18 gauge wire for the figure-8s with a twist. For comparison, the figure-8 chain above and on the table below were made with 16 gauge wire.

Last night's Netflix and hammered wire output:



These are quite small -- 1/2" and 5/8" paddles and 3/8" twisted figure 8 connectors. I'll play with them tomorrow at the market, stringing them with a bead soup of miscellaneous beads. Stay tuned for more photos.

Now to get my notes along with representative samples compiled into a notebook or binder. That is my downfall -- keeping track of my notes in one logical place... and labelled.

Thanks for looking!


2 comments:

Nelson Beads said...

Yeah, good advice. I've started so many projects, set them down for a while, and when I came back I couldn't remember what gauge wire I used or how long he segments were.

If I had written the measurements down, I could have picked the project right back up again and gotten to work instead of letting it sit there for months.

Barbara said...

Story of my life. Even a labelled clear plastic shoebox will work... "labelled" being the missing key element.