Thursday 8 March 2012

The hammered copper Art Deco-ish bracelet...

...that started out as a necklace.

I finally finished this. I've been messing around with it all week on and off. Actually, I've been typing like a mad fiend since Sunday, finished that early on Tuesday evening, spent a great part of yesterday in bed in a dark room with all the symptoms of a migraine but without the pain. Very curious sensation. Wind is still a trigger for a lot of migraine-like symptoms even though I haven't had a full-blown migraine in years -- for which I am profoundly grateful. I had 13 years of those suckers 4 and 5 times a week with no letup. They disappeared as abruptly as they began.

But back to the bracelet. These Art Deco style "roses" I've been doodling for I don't know how many years, and it struck me one day they'd make cool connectors, and I think they work particularly well because the beads somewhat mimic the shape. Yes, in this case, the connectors came before the beads, but when I saw the beads at Rainbow Trading's trunk show at the Bead Boutique in Kitchener a week ago, I pounced. I just wish I could have afforded another string.

Showing the clasp, still working on refining the design, but so far it's easy on/off and extremely secure.


I cannot get over how hard it is to photograph a bracelet on.


I wish I could've had five beads on this, but... I wanted it to fit a medium wrist. Another bead will add a full 2 inches to the bracelet.

This is for sale, please email me for details. Thanks for looking!

2 comments:

Copper Art said...

Exquisite!

Barbara said...

Thank you so much. Love your work, too. Quite a different scale!
Barbara