Friday 16 March 2012

Copper headpins and dangles...

These are what I've been making this week -- at least 150 of the little suckers -- with approximate prices. They seem so expensive to me (even made in copper) but time and materials have to be accounted for.
 
3" flat paddles = 35 cents each
2" flat paddles = 30 cents each

2.25" open spiral = 80 cents each
2.25" closed spiral = 80 cents each

2.25" rosette = 86 cents each
I've also been making assorted dangles:
Hammered copper heart with Chinese AB crystal rondelle, pewter daisy spacers, copper swirl headpin

Lapis lazuli rondelles, faceted copper spacers, pewter daisy spacers, 20 gauge tinned copper spiral headpins;
lapis lazuli rondelles, pewter daisy spacers, 18 gauge copper headpins w/hammered loop

These are the headpin prototypes I was playing with this week. They look like copper, but it's just my bad photography. They're 20 gauge tinned copper and are what I used in the dangles below.

Chinese AB crystals, pewter daisy spacers, rosette tinned copper headpins
 Other than making these, I haven't done much all week except type and read and sleep. I was very sick on Monday/Tuesday and had a migraine for the first time in years from all the wind of the past two weeks. The weather now, though, is unbelievable -- 20C the past two days --  and everything is turning green so quickly, but with a hail storm yesterday morning, I suppose to add that little soupcon of seasonal reality. It's forecast to be like this pretty much all of next week, as well, and then we get some more coolish weather down around 10C. I can live with that.

No comments: