Sunday 20 December 2015

Swapping Bullets for Claws...

My pal Lianne the Vintage Lady next to me at the market often asks me to make stuff with bits and pieces, and yesterday I had to figure out how to wrap some bullets (real and fake) to make a choker as a Christmas gift. No idea what other people do -- I suppose I should take a look online -- but here is my effort. She says her grandson will love it. I sure hope so.

With Lianne, I'd rather swap things I'm after, like vintage chains and interesting beads, and this strangely mounted claw is what I got in exchange for making the choker. It seems to be silver-plated brass, but who cares? It looks great.




I left the warm sanctuary of the market to go to the local grocery store to return some mislabeled cheese. Instead of treating me like a criminal (or an idiot -- I can tell you stories!!!) which seems to be their default setting, Zehr's finally came through, and gave me double what I'd bought as a make-good: $40 worth of genuine Parmigiano Reggiano. Gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah Thanks, Bev, Deli Department Manager.

On the way back to my van, I spotted Rudolph, who'd obviously been sitting out there for a long, long time. I need to get something like this for my van. Any ideas where to buy Rudolph gear for cars?



Ick. Snow. Nope, not happy at all. But luckily, today it was sunny and the howling winds (and snow) had gone away (apparently to Arizona where it was just above freezing today!).

Thanks for looking!


No comments: