Monday 28 December 2015

How I Spent My Christmas Vacation...

Some people lolled on beaches all week. In my usual fashion, after procrastinating most of the week, I finally buckled down and starting making jewellery on the 23rd for the last market day before Christmas.




One of the perks was walking into the market on the 24th to an almost-set-up table at 4:57 a.m.



While at the market, I had plenty of time to play...



...and sell. Who woulda thunk that rhinestones and bone skulls would go so perfectly together?



I did surprisingly well for the day before Christmas, considering most people dash in for their turkeys, vegetables, pies, candles, chocolates and flowers -- everything it seems but jewellery -- and immediately dash outta there to the malls to do final shopping. Me, I dashed off to the bank and then to the Charles Dickens Pub for an incredibly good ooey, gooey grilled cheese sandwich. Four cheeses on it, something like that, including Gunn Hill, which is located about one or two kilometres south of me here in the wilderness of Southern Ontario.

Christmas Day I finally got off the desktop and into the other room to make jewellery and binge watch Death in Paradise on my laptop which has external speakers.

I made all of these in two days...










Alas, the triple wrap bracelet above has sold already, but I'm getting more leather and beads in so I can make lots more of these.

Please email me for details on any of the above bracelets. I still have lots, and while some are one of a kind, some styles I have sufficient beads that I can make more, and I can always adjust the size up or down to fit you perfectly. Email me here.

I hope everyone was able to spend time with family and friends or, like me, hunkered down in restorative peace and quiet. Thanks for looking!















3 comments:

Nelson Beads said...

It's amazing how much jewelry you can make in so short a time. I really like those two bracelets with the yellow and black.

Barbara said...

Thanks, Joanne. I was surprised myself at how well the yellow and black worked. The hard part is making stuff in colours & combos that I don't particularly go for. What I did to speed things up was dump a pile of beads into a large flat bin and sift through them until I saw an interesting colour combination emerge.

Heading to the other room in a few minutes to start working on another of the wrap bracelets. Are you making any jewellery these days?

B

Nelson Beads said...

No, I've lost my mojo. I've made a few necklaces for a customer, but it's hard for me to get in the studio these days.