Tuesday 4 February 2014

Sigh...

Another long silence from me. My computer exploded on Sunday afternoon. Yes. Big Phhhht, smelly wires, the whole deal. I thought, okay, relaxxxxxxx, you can go to Toronto and see Anibal at PC Farm tomorrow... he'll fix it, or replace it. It's got to be ten years old, albeit with upgrades and tweaks along the way. Then I thought, nah, I'd better phone first...

Luckily I have his top-secret cell phone number. But I still agonised over phoning him on a Sunday. Good thing I did, though. My timing couldn't have been worse: he's moving premises. I would have arrived to a still-emptying shop, and all his stuff in boxes at the new store, located now on Vaughan Road, just south of St. Clair.

I hope by Thursday evening to be back in business. But what a pity. I was just settling into a late winter of Nashville on Netflix. Wonderful music.

No comments: