Tuesday 27 May 2014

Redid the Showcase at the Antique Mall...

Time to houseclean my One of a Kind Antique Mall showcase. I found another of those clear plastic T-bars at Winners last weekend, by Jacob -- I think that's the brand. Clear T-bars really do make things appear to float and magnify any light. My pal Lynn of Fashion Your Space also suggested moving the black necklace thingy I use for the guys' necklaces over to the left hand corner, instead of it being the first thing you see on entering the mall, i.e. a big black blob in the right hand corner.



Now on the left, The Big Black Blob functions to stop your eye from leaving the showcase...



To me, this little vignette at the front is starting to look reeeeeally interesting, with the resin skull pendant, the 1881 bushcraft book, surrounded by turquoise and in the background the coin silver and hammered earrings, etc.



But those giant white tickets -- ewww. They really need some serious rethinking. I need space to write a description and need the Antique Mall info, as well, so they have to be big. The other half of it is these tickets don't go with the customer, but are part of the inventory system, so I also need to come with a way to make duplicates without having to write everything out twice...

One of the things to keep in mind is the back doors slide in from each end. Because staff need to get into the case during the week to pull items out for people, I have to keep accessibility at the forefront when I'm placing the T-bars and the black bust and it's getting a little jammed up on the back left.



The copper-wrapped Kingman turquoise dangle and purple seed bead necklace has been sold... but I can always make you another one!




Seemingly overnight, it's become hot and humid here in Southern Ontario. Go Spring!!! With a fan blowing all the time now and the street doors left open, I took the opportunity yesterday to clean both the phenomenal accumulation of dust as well as the many nose prints off the glass.

If you happen to see something here that interests you, please don't hesitate to email me with any questions. I live very close by and I can zip over any time (between 10 and 5), check if the item you're interested in is still available -- or I can do up something custom -- and get back to you with a price.

If you make jewellery, I sell many of these beads via email or you can see me at the upcoming Gem Expo at the Hyatt Regency on King Street in Toronto, July 25th, 26th and 27th. Don't forget to get on their email list for discount tickets and prize draws.

Thanks for looking!

No comments: