Saturday 15 April 2017

Spring...

Working flat out these days -- crazy hours. Managed 20 minutes on my minuscule deck yesterday in the hot sun and too cold wind to -- gasp! -- read a book and eat lunch. Then it was back to typing. I'm surrounded here by carpets of snowdrops, bluebells and purple violets.



On other fronts, I became a great-aunt a week ago... here is Etta, age 1 week. She's a cutie.



Off to Toronto again in a few days on another buying trip. Hope to see you at the market in a few hours. Check out my new skulls, chakra pendants, turquoise, lapis, peridot and citrine rings from Montreal, lapis earrings and bracelets, plus rudraksha and sandalwood beads to wear as they are or have custom made into a necklace.

The Woodstock Farmers Market, at the fairgrounds on Nellis Street, 7:00 a.m. to noon every Saturday.

3 comments:

Rosanne said...

Thanks for the update! I had hoped that you'd been busy creating new treasures, so post pics when you can. Glad that your weather is lovely; we're already in the 80s and 90s down south. I'm thinking shell and coral and beachy stuff!

Barbara said...

Thanks, Rosanne, Whereabouts are you? My pal in Arizona keeps telling me about their 80+ temps. No thanks. This is just about perfect for me, maybe a little less chill in the wind. I've been crazy busy the past three or four months, and it seems the only time I've been able to make anything is the five or so hours at the market on Saturdays, and that's all custom work, nothing for me to noodle around and play with. One of these days.

I made pearl drop and shell pendant chokers two years ago, rustic, beachy and go with just about anything, and sold the last one two weeks ago. Time to make some more!

Rosanne said...

Barbara--I'm in southeast Georgia, with the Atlantic beaches and islands about an hour's drive to the east and the Okefenokee Swamp to the south. Enough natural and human history to keep things interesting. One can survive late spring, summer, and early fall with cool iced drinks and air conditioning. Hope that you had a grand time in Toronto!