Tuesday 2 October 2012

Organisation progress & turquoise nuggets bluer than the sky...

As of 9:04 a.m. today I'm at 9,998 page views! I'm so thrilled that people are reading me and looking at my pictures. Thank you, all!

As I've mentioned, I've been typing like a mad fiend for months now -- sometimes I wish it would stop, especially yesterday when I got in my breathlessly awaited for turquoise order AND I got all my bins labelled and sorted. Here are a few pictures of both events... sigh heaved on both counts. My way of living is to have all manner of projects going at the same time, but unfortunately that is always at the expense of cleaning up as I go (honestly, does anyone really do that???) which means I finally reach the critical tipping point of finding myself living in... a tip. Is that the etymology behind the Brits calling a dumpster a tip? Mebbeeeee.

Just needs a good sweep and then the mop. I do have one... somewhere.



Stacked and labelled...



La Maestra (aka Lynn, Visual Merchandising and Cleaner Upper/Organiser Extraordinaire) at work...



This is what that corner used to look like...



The next corner to tackle -- note my still unused Foredom drill hanging precariously from a brass lamp. I had/have great plans for that Foredom.



I know it's self-evident to many, but for us packrats learning to stack like items with like is a huge step. We can still have our junk -- I mean, important papers -- out in plain view because for us "outta sight" means we go shopping for more of exactly the same thing. Do you know how many packages of 4mm crystal AB bicones I have now? I have to write down "bring list" on my list...



But here... oh, here... here are the beauties I've been waiting for.


Somewhere between the following three pictures lies the true colour -- I cannot for the life of me capture the perfect blue of these nuggets. No matter what camera setting, it always just misses. They are gorgeous, like holding the sky in your hands. Chicken Little must have lived in Arizona.




Stay tuned. Email me if you're interested in any of these. They will be priced by weight and I will post more pictures sooooon. (Nagging me via email to post pictures also works.) Come and see me and all my turquoise at the Grand River Bead Society Show in Guelph, 27-28 October.

Thanks for looking!

1 comment:

Nelson Gemstones said...

Yay for the Lynns of this world. What would we do without them? Your place looks good. And those turquoise are exquisite. One of these days I'll have to look into stocking turquoise. But not today.