Sunday 6 September 2015

Baroque Pearl Pendant to go with Jenny Wren Farthing & Pearl Earrings...


This was actually the first time I'd handled the pearl under good lighting -- it is truly gorgeous -- and I thought it looked like a cross between an Alphonse Mucha Art Nouveau lady and the Gibson Girl pendant I got a few weeks again from the Uncanny Artist. 



Speaking of pearls, I sold my Eiffel Tower pearl necklace and earrings yesterday at the market.


The original necklace had large faceted pewter beads on the ends of the "Eiffel Tower" dangles the same size as these pearls, and I had made a pair of standalone earrings with the pearls just to see what they would look like. My customer had been yearning after the original necklace for close to a year when a month or so ago her friend spotted the pearl earring variation that I'd just put out, and that swayed her into ordering the necklace with pearls instead.

Now that I have my new van, I can start making plans.

Upcoming Shows & Sales:

Nostalgia Show & Sale, Sunday, 13 September 10:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. at the Fairgrounds, 875 Nellis Street, Woodstock. Nancy's and my table will be right in front of the snack bar in the auditorium. Along with small furniture items, china and glass, we will have collectible beads (coin silver and Roman glass beads from Afghanistan, old glass chevrons from Nepal, collectible turquoise) and vintage jewellery finds.

If you still didn't find what you were looking for, you've got a couple of hours to head over to the One of a Kind Antique Mall on Wilson Street before it closes at 5:00. Both our booth and showcase 800/847 are located on the main floor near the front cash.

Grand River Bead Society Bead Show & Sale, September 26th & 27th, 10 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Bingemans Conference Centre, Kitchener. Turquoise, lapis, Roman glass, powder glass, pewter pendants and skulls.

The Gem Expo, November 20th, 21st & 22nd, Hyatt Regency, King Street, Toronto. Turquoise, lapis, Roman glass, powder glass, pewter pendants and skulls.

As always, I am at the Woodstock Farmers Market every Saturday morning, 7:00 a.m. until noon, but I am usually there at 5:00 to start setting up.

Hope to see you at one of the shows and, as always, thanks for looking!




No comments: