Friday 12 July 2013

Raw Kyanite Pendants & MOP Drops with Shell Pendants...

Do you ever have those weeks where you're busy-busy and yet feel like you have zip to show for it? That was this kind of week. A lot of typing did get done Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday so it wasn't until yesterday that I started to make anything with my new goodies that I got last week from Beads of Colour in Dundas where I always find something that I gotta have. Definitely not a same-old, same-old kinda store -- which have their place, don't get me wrong -- but surprises I love.

My big score was a string of raw kyanite and here are three variations on adjustable black Greek leather chokers:





I got these shells several weeks ago from Beads of Colour and just received the mother of pearl drops from Arton on Wednesday. I suppose it's a cliche, but I think it's cute.

Here's a version with a single shell...



And here's a version with a double shell...





Still playing with turquoise. I never get tired of the endless colour permutations. What I do get tired of is trying photograph it and keep all the colours of all the stones true at the same time. These iridescent purple seedbeads I'm using are a case in point and driving me nuts. They really are a blazing purple! I've tried everything I can think of to capture it, including different backgrounds and light to using the camera on my stupidPhone, and all I come up with is this dark blue. Imagine that flash of purple iridescence all over and you'll get a sense of the true colour.




Ah, well. The day is awasting and I have to get busy getting orders ready for the market.

Thank you for looking!

A big PEEE ESSSS: My pal Lynn in Arizona just sent me this link: http://www.picmonkey.com/

Let's compare this...


With this...


The purple is a bit better -- I will have to play with the colour for sure -- but that "sharpen" feature, that's simply amazing. Oooh, I do like that lots.

And now the kyanite picture, then I gotta roll...



Nnnnnnnnn... mebbe not. Back to the drawing board!



No comments: